Position: Student Experience Coordinator
Deadline: April 15, 2018
Posted: April 6, 2018
Job Description / Duties
The Student Experience Coordinator is accountable to the Manager, Student Experience. Administrative duties include researching and developing event opportunities for language programs; working with various stakeholders including on-campus departments and services, community organizations and businesses to gain their support to facilitate tours, presentations, and workshops for our English Language Learners; collating activity program evaluations; and working alongside student staff and various stakeholders to ensure smooth delivery of programmed curricular and co-curricular activities.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Three year diploma or degree in Leadership, Community Development, Education, Student Development, Recreation, Social Work, Social Development, Sociology or related field
• Knowledgeable about the first-year international student experience and has an awareness of the needs of first-year international students and English Language Learners.
• Knowledge and understanding of student development theory and student affairs.
• Related experience in Student Affairs considered an asset.
• Experience using software and programs such as Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint).
• Excellent communication
• Superb interpersonal skills with a strong customer-service orientation
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple demands simultaneously (strong project management abilities) while remaining detail-orientated and professional.
• Proven initiative and resourcefulness
• Displays excellent problem-solving skills, strong judgement, professionalism, adaptability, and diplomacy.
• Experience participating in international or cross-cultural living and learning opportunities; approaches cross-cultural communication and inter-group dynamics with sensitivity and respect.
Renison University College respects, appreciates, and actively encourages diversity. As part of Renison’s commitment to a leadership team which reflects its broader commitment to equity within the College, we welcome and encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, colour, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability or disability including women, Indigenous people, and other visible minorities. Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority. Renison is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in all parts of the selection process. Please contact a member of Renison’s Human Resources department with accommodation requests.
Applications will be treated confidentially. Application materials should be submitted online as PDF files through Interfolio at: https://apply.interfolio.com/50018. At minimum, a resume and three references should be provided. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is April 15, 2018 at 11:59 pm EST.
A full job description is available upon request by contacting Tegan Preston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Renison University College, affiliated with the University of Waterloo, invites applications for the part-time, contract position of Student Experience Coordinator within the English Language Institute (one-year contract; 17.5 hours per week).
Respected as an inclusive community that values the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students, Renison is committed to engaged education for the well-being of the world, offering degree programs reflecting social engagement through the School of Social Work, and the Social Development Studies Department; global engagement through our Culture and Language Studies Department and Studies in Islam Program; and community engagement in our non-degree programs, including the English Language Institute, through the Centre for Continuing and Professional Education.