Sessions will include:
- Building Self-Awareness for Diversity & Inclusion – March 22nd, 2021 – 4pm-5pm
- This session will provide you with an opportunity to explore the intersections of identity with the intention to build a foundation for further learning. Together we will work through our social location(s) and the ways they interact with key concepts of power and oppression. This session is meant to be an entry point to build connections and gain resources for further learning.
- Participants should consider viewing the following YouTube videos prior to attending this session.
- Trivia Social – March 23rd, 2021 – 7pm-8:30pm
- Come prepared with your trivia knowledge! OACUHO Student Staff are invited to socialize with fellow student staff across institutions, learn more about different campuses and come together to enjoy some good old fashioned trivia!
- BIPOC Student Staff Network – March 24th, 2021 – 1pm-2pm
- BIPOC-identifying student staff are invited to this conversational session, hosted by OACUHO's BIPOC Staff Network, to find out more about what it's like to work in a field that is still working to achieve greater equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace for its professional staff. Bring your questions and your aspirations, and let's connect!
- Panel Discussion: Student Housing Hiring Processes & Experiences – March 25th, 2021, 10am-11am
- This panel discussion will centre upon emerging trends, guidance and reflections regarding transferable skill sets that employers are looking for in candidates who are considering a career in the professional field of student housing. This session is intended to be a place to engage with a cross-section of panelists and to hear their perspectives about what they think matters for student leaders looking to apply for and transition into their first professional roles.
- Thank you email & Save the Date RLC 21-22 – March 26th, 2021
- Attendees can expect an email from us regarding special information about RLC 21-22!
A few notes:
- Registration is NOT required!
- Zoom Links: Please reach out to your Professional Staff for access to Zoom Links.
- Please Note: Some sessions may be recorded for access following the week.