Position: Residence Manager (Live-in)
Deadline: May 28, 2021
Job Description / Duties
Reporting to the Dean of Students, the Live In-Residence Manager will:
• Support the nighttime residence operation, including staff supervision, respond to critical situations, and provide resident support.
• Assist with providing training and ongoing support and supervision to student residence staff
• Implement a variety of programming initiatives for the residence community
• Support the needs of residence students
• Live on campus in the accommodations provided throughout the contract period.
Qualifications / Required Skills
The successful candidate will:
• Hold a Bachelor’s Degree
• Have a minimum of 1 year of work experience in University/College residence life
• Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Excel at organizational and time management skills, and have a demonstrated ability to assess priorities
• Have experience in student community development, including developing staff teams, and working within a professional team context.
• Possess a high level of integrity, tact, professionalism, diplomacy and judgement, including solid skills in mediation, conflict resolution, and crisis management.
Included with this position are the following benefits:
• One bedroom furnished apartment including utilities and internet (rent and taxable benefit compensation).
• Cell phone or compensation for use of personal phone for work purposes.
• Parking pass (taxable benefit)
• This position requires the incumbent to work seasonally long hours, and is primarily an evening/night and weekend position during the academic year.
TYPE OF JOB:
Full Time Contract (6 months)
Salary: PSG 12 - $60,523 - $75,782 per annum dependent on experience
Submit a letter of application, resume, and names of three references. Please quote Job Reference #202105-07C in your application. Interested persons may apply to: Human Resources, King’s University College, 266 Epworth Avenue, London, Ontario, N6A 2M3. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job candidates will be asked to provide a satisfactory vulnerable persons police clearance within 3 months of hire date.
Job description available upon request.