Position: Residence Life Coordinator x3
Deadline: April 18, 2021
Job Description / Duties
Residence Life Coordinators are live-in residence life staff, supervising 10-15 student residence life dons. Reporting to the Assistant Director, Residence Life & Education, the RLCs are responsible for the day to day management of a residence area of between 300-500 students including working with college partners in the development of strong residence and collegiate communities through our Residence Learning Model. RLCs have additional responsibility for responding to emergency/crisis situations, and following up with student conduct in their assigned community.
For a detailed job description, please see the link below.
Qualifications / Required Skills
General Degree (3 year) required within the last 5 years.
Preference will be given to candidates with a graduate degree and/or with a focus in related fields including, but not limited to, Education, Social Work, and Psychology.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a residence student leadership position is required.
- Two years’ experience in responding to residence crisis situations.
- Two years’ experience in relating to students and supporting student success
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgement and use initiative in applying and interpreting a variety of procedures, policies, and practices.
- Good writing skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer applications such as intermediate level word processing, spreadsheets and database applications.
- Ability to work independently and as a team player.
- Demonstrated skills in, and commitment to, customer service and continuous improvement.
- Criminal Records Check (dated within the last 6 months) will be required as a condition of employment.
- Must be available weekends and evenings to for regular office hours and after hours responsibilities and for weekend on call on a rotational basis.
For more information, please visit our HR website.
Salary: $54,698 - $ 64,579
For more information and application instructions, please visit:
Questions can be directed to Lawrence Lam (Assistant Director, Residence Life & Education) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trent University was founded on a commitment to interactive learning that is personal, purposeful and transformative. Recognized nationally for its leadership in teaching, research and student satisfaction, Trent attracts exceptional students, faculty and staff from across the country and around the world. Our Peterborough campus boasts award-winning architecture in a breathtaking natural setting, just 90 minutes from downtown Toronto.
Housing Services is continuing to grow and is currently home to approximately 1800 students in Peterborough. Our new brand new building at our Durham campus is home to approximately 200 students.