Position: Residence Life Coordinator
Deadline: June 6, 2019
Posted: May 29, 2019
Job Description / Duties
Your responsibilities will include:
- Advising students on co-curricular, academic and personal matters by providing options and consequences incorporating personal circumstances impacting academic success and an understanding of an individual's background
- Training and coaching casual staff
- Directing the activities of casual staff
- Applying established standards when responding to emergencies
- Investigating community standard and housing policy breaches
- Interpreting applicable guidelines and protocols to determine policy violations
- Coordinating room assignments and room changes throughout the year
- Resolving minor interpersonal disputes between students and/or student staff
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Bachelor's Degree or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience living and working in a university residence setting (combination of para-professional and professional experience is acceptable)
- Experience in advising and referrals, programming, community management, and determining appropriate disciplinary action in an undergraduate residence community
- Experience working with diverse student communities and have commitment to improving and enhancing the student experience in residence and at the University
- Demonstrated experience providing support to individuals in distress, issue management and monitoring crisis response and intervention
- Demonstrated experience supervising and training casual staff and students
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills working with MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and databases
- Flexibility to work irregular schedule with ability to be on-call and within a confined radius
- Requirement to live in residence on the University of Toronto Scarborough campus
Familiarity with residence records management systems (i.e. StarRez)
Familiarity with University of Toronto policies and processes
To be successful in this role you will be:
Please note that this is a live-in position.
If interested, please submit your application online: https://utoronto.taleo.net/careersection/10000/jobdetail.ftl?job=1901799&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York
Salary: USW Pay Band 11 -- $63,448 with an annual step progression to a maximum of $81,138. Pay scale and job class assignment is subject to determination pursuant to the Job Evaluation/Pay Equity Maintenance Protocol.
UTSC HR Office
The University of Toronto Scarborough is a place where diversity fuels innovation. Where ideas don’t stop at the borders of our beautiful, tree-lined campus. Fostering a vibrant culture of community engagement, UTSC students cross academic as well as geographic boundaries in their pursuit of knowledge.
Reporting to the Manager, Residence Life, the Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) coordinates front line issue management for residents which includes initial response, ongoing response plan and support plan coordination, referring the issues to the appropriate University resources, following up and documentation. The RLC supports the development and implementation of the Residence Life Program including the residence Living and Learning Curriculum with a focus on co-curricular learning and individual and community development.
Reporting to the Manager, Residence Life, the Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) coordinates front line issue management for residents which includes initial response, ongoing response plan and support plan coordinator, reporting the issues appropriates within the departmental referrals, follow up and documentation. The RLC supports the development and implementation of the Residence Life Program including the residence Living and Learning Curriculum with a focus on co-curricular learning and individual and community development.