Position: Residence Life Coordinator
Deadline: April 3, 2019
Posted: March 21, 2019
Job Description / Duties
• Promoting a living and learning residence environment conducive to student’s academic success, personal growth, and social development.
• Supervising student staff (includes hiring, training, and evaluating).
• Addressing behavioural concerns and complaints/participating in the student conduct process.
• On-call duties for emergency response and student staff support.
• Participate in evening community rounds during on-call shifts to be available for staff/students and develop greater community cohesion.
• Works closely with other departments including, University Housing, Student Life, Facilities Management, Safety and Security, and Health and Counseling.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• A relevant Bachelor’s degree.
• A minimum of 2 years of residence living experience.
• Residence hall supervision and/or related experience.
• Experience with crisis response and emergency management
• Experience mentoring student leaders is an asset.
• Excellent communication and good judgement under pressure.
• Must be organized and efficient.
• Excellent multi-tasking skills.
• Enthusiasm and passion for student growth and development
The salary is $42,000 per annum and includes subsidization of a furnished residential suite and meal plan. The successful candidate will be required to live on campus, and must be able to work flexible hours in office, on-call and in residence communities. Preference may be given to graduates of St. Francis Xavier University.
St. Francis Xavier University
StFX is a top ranking Canadian university and we are seeking a Residence Life Coordinator. Our Residence Life Coordinators carry out the institutional strategic mission to foster a campus culture of engagement, respect, inclusivity, service to others through actives and programs for over 1700 undergraduate students ranging in in age from 17 to 22 years. With a demonstrated commitment and understanding of student development in a residential learning community, the RLC supervises and mentors multiple teams of student staff and fosters healthy and academically engaged community development. This opening is for a three year contract with a possibility of extension.