Position: Residence Life Coordinator - Health & Wellness
Deadline: July 18, 2021
Job Description / Duties
• Champion positive mental health, physical well-being, and healthy relationships among residence students.
• Actively contribute to the ongoing process of community-building in residence.
• Foster and further opportunities for positive student engagement in residence.
• Oversee the implementation of a residence education curriculum based on University priorities around 1) Mental Health & Wellness, 2) Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, 3) Alcohol & Substance Harms Reducation, and 4) Healthy Relationships & Consent.
• Work directly with student leaders to plan and support residence activities that further health and wellness objectives.
• Work with students to promote respect for others, regard for the values of community living, and pride in their residence.
• Promote and apply community standards for residence living through education and use of the Residence Life Code of Conduct.
To view a complete position description, visit our website at www.mta.ca/employment.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Completed bachelor’s degree plus two (2) years of experience in Residence Life at the student leader and/or professional level.
• Conflict resolution skills and familiarity with restorative justice and counselling principles.
• Excellent interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure, exercise initiative and sound judgment are required.
• Ability to create an environment that fosters inclusion and a respect for diversity.
The RLC is a full-time, live-in staff member. Some evening and weekend availability will be required, on a scheduled basis.
This position falls within the MASA Collective Bargaining Unit (Level 9). For more information about the MASA pay scale, visit www.mta.ca/employment. The successful candidate will also be provided an on-campus apartment, and optional mean plan (taxable benefits).
Human Resources Department
Mount Allison University
65 York St.
Sackville, NB E4L 1E4
Fax: (506) 364-2385
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mount Allison is committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual and gender identities. We seek candidates with qualifications and knowledge to contribute specifically to the further diversification of our campus community.
Mount Allison acknowledges, honours, and respects that the land named Sackville, NB is part of the unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People who are the historic inhabitants, custodians, and dwellers on the land where our University is built and confirms its commitment to strengthening relationships with all Indigenous people.
Mount Allison has been ranked Canada’s #1 undergraduate university by Maclean’s magazine more times than any other university. But that is not the only thing that sets us apart.
We are committed to offering an “Extraordinary Student Experience”, and our Residence Life Coordinators (RLCs) help support that vision. The RLC helps to foster an intentional culture of learning outside the classroom by working with residents and student leaders to build strong, inclusive communities.
Note: this is one of two different RLC positions currently available at MtA. A complete description of each position can be found at: www.mta.ca/employment.