Position: Research & Assessment Analyst
Deadline: October 14, 2022
Job Description / Duties
Reporting to the Director, Student Housing & Residence Life, the Research & Assessment Analyst is primarily responsible for providing leadership to develop and increase student housing team knowledge of students, the educational environment in the residences, student outcomes, and student program effectiveness. The analyst has an integral role in the university housing strategy and department planning processes. The incumbent provides coordination and expertise in designing, implementing, and interpreting assessment, evaluation, and research data. This position provides data-based evidence, analyses, and recommendations to inform operational decision making.
A copy of the position description is available on our HR website.
Qualifications / Required Skills
· Master’s Degree in Education, Psychology, or Student Affairs Administration is required.
· Enrolment in or completion of a post-graduate Research Analyst Diploma preferred.
1. Three to five years of related experience is required.
2. Demonstrated expertise in quantitative and qualitative research methods, logical reasoning, and statistical concepts and analysis.
3. Familiarity with student development and learning theories to assist with analysis, recommendations, and drafting of reports.
4. Understanding and maintaining currency on issues related to student housing, student affairs, student development, and post-secondary education.
5. Ability to create assessment tools that are clear, audience appropriate, accessible, visually appealing.
6. Ability to manage and analyze data, including the effective reporting and presentation of data.
7. Demonstrated high level of problem solving, independent research, and teamwork skills.
8. Strong understanding of equity, diversity, and inclusion in a postsecondary environment.
9. Skilled user of SPSS (or other quantitative analysis software), online survey software, database programs, and Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
10. Knowledge of FIPPA, PHIPPA, and other legislation applicable to student information.
11. High degree of enthusiasm, creativity, efficiency, and organization.
12. Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
This position is posted as an 18-month contract. Applications close on October 14, 2022 at 4 p.m.
To Apply: Those interested in applying are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and application form (if applicable), by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF) no later than the above closing date at 4:00 p.m. Please note your full name and the job title in the subject line of your email (i.e. First and Last Name – Job Title). Applications from external candidates will be considered only when accompanied by a completed Employment Application Form.
Salary: Salary Range: $57,579 - $76,769 per annum i.e. $2,214.56 - $2,952.67 bi-weekly
Director, Student Housing & Residence Life
Trent Student Housing
Challenge the way you think.
Trent University is noted for internationally-respected faculty, globally-significant research, and world-class facilities. The Peterborough campus is located on the beautiful Otonabee River in the heart of the Kawarthas. The newly expanded Durham campus is conveniently located close to the GTA on Thornton Road. Trent University has approximately 9,000 full and part-time students, and employs approximately 2,000 employees, including faculty staff, contract staff, and student staff. Trent offers over 60 undergraduate and professional degree programs and a total of 20 graduate programs. Students benefit from a greatly enhanced academic experience due to Trent's ability to consistently deliver a meaningful, high-quality liberal undergraduate education in the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences in an environment that places a strong emphasis on interaction between students and professors.
You’re at home with Trent Student Housing.
Our 100+ team members are invested in our community and students’ success. We provide residence and off-campus housing services for undergraduate and graduate students in Peterborough and Oshawa, ON. In Peterborough we have 12 college residences that house 2,000 students, while our Durham GTA campus houses 200 students in a newly constructed multi-purpose building. We are current planning to build 2 residences which will add an additional 1,000 beds by 2029.
Working in Student Housing offers opportunities for employees to learn, develop, and grow. In working together, our team:
Cares for one another,
Hustles to get things done,
Enjoys our work and interactions, and