Position: Project Coordinator, Ethnic Diversity Project
Deadline: December 6, 2019
Posted: November 19, 2019
Job Description / Duties
As an external contractor with accountability to the President of the Ontario Association of College and University Housing Officers (OACUHO), the Project Coordinator’s main responsibility is supporting the board in developing an action plan to implement the recommendations of the Ethnic Diversity Taskforce and coordinating initiatives which will enable meeting the objectives within the report. In addition, the successful incumbent will serve the membership by connecting with members and the board to incorporate emergent issues into the work of the association with respect to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI). The Project Coordinator will also support the board in ensuring that EDI is kept front of mind with respect to the work of the association and actively seeks feedback from the membership in terms of barriers that may be experienced.
• Develops an implementation plan for the recommendations of the Ethnic Diversity Taskforce Report
• Coordinates the implementation plan with the President through the development of a committee or working group as needed
• Develops a consultation plan to ensure that members feel that initiatives are supporting the taskforce report but also reflect the needs of the membership
• Collaborates with the board on supporting the development of the OACUHO strategic plan
• Communicates with the membership through the Pulse (online magazine), social media, website and online portals/listservs in collaboration with the Communications Director including but not limited to bi-monthly updates in the Pulse
• Provides insight and advice as it relates to EDI, best practices, professional development, training etc. to the board for consideration
• Designs and potentially facilitates educational sessions, workshops and resources to staff in collaboration with the Professional Development Director
Qualifications / Required Skills
The successful incumbent will have recent experience working in the field of post-secondary education with preference given to recent experience in the field of College and University Housing. An educational background or relevant experience with EDI initiatives or information dissemination projects across an organization or association. A demonstrated commitment to, passion for, and knowledge of EDI.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with a focus on written communication skills.
• Ability to work well with diverse groups and all levels within an organization and external parties exercising appropriate judgment.
• Creative and proactive self-starter who possesses a high attention to detail, strong time-management and organizational skills
• Capability in developing training and education materials
• Comfortable with working independently effectively, as well as collaborating with teams
The term of the appointment is for 12-months from the date of hire with additional contract renewals at the end of the initial term and dependent on completion of the taskforce recommendations but also reflective of new and emerging issues with respect to EDI.
Start Date: TBD
Salary: Compensation: $4,000 per annum
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by December 6th, 2019 to be considered for this opportunity. As part of the recruitment process you may be asked to prepare a work plan for the first year of the project.
OACUHO Board of Directors