Position: Occupancy Management Coordinator
Deadline: December 20, 2021
Job Description / Duties
The Occupancy Management Coordinator is responsible for the residence assignments and occupancy management for over 2,000 undergraduate and graduate bed spaces in Peterborough and Durham. The incumbent is one of the primary staff responsible for the maintenance of the StarRez housing management system. The incumbent supports the Assistant Director within StarRez on assigned tasks that are but not limited to, space allocation, room selection procedures and assigning students. In addition, the incumbent analyzes occupancy data and generates reports to inform department decision making. The incumbent plays a key role on the Housing Services team and has responsibility for maximizing occupancy in all residences.
A detailed position description is available at www.trentu.ca/humanresources/careers/non-academic
Qualifications / Required Skills
University Degree (4 year).
1. Two years of experience related to occupancy management, residence or university admissions, or database management in a housing setting required.
2. Familiarity with AODA and accessibility standards required.
3. Excellent organizational and planning skills to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities within tight timelines.
4. Experience in database management in a housing setting required.
5. Experience working with StarRez housing management system is required.
6. Basic knowledge of SQL is preferred.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills and written/spoken communication skills, tact, and patience.
8. High degree of enthusiasm, and customer service orientation.
9. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
10. Superior skills working with Microsoft Access, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Word;.
11. Strong understanding of student and/or residence life in a university environment.
12. Understanding of Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and implementation.
13. High degree of accuracy, efficiency skills; patience with auditing and repeated review of details.
14. Good communication skills; experience in customer service and dealing with difficult customers.
15. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
16. Good communication skills; experience in customer service and dealing with difficult customers.
17. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
18. Supervisory experience is an asset.
This position is a 12-month contract.
Salary: $2,143.76 - $2,531.02 bi-weekly
For information please contact:
Acting Assistant Director, Residence Operations & Services
rent University is noted for internationally-respected faculty, globally-significant research, and world-class facilities. The Peterborough campus is located on the beautiful Otonabee River in the heart of the Kawarthas. The newly expanded Durham campus is conveniently located close to the GTA on Thornton Road in Oshawa.
Trent University has approximately 9,000 full and part-time students, and employs approximately 2,000 employees, including faculty staff, contract staff, and student staff. Trent offers over 60 undergraduate and professional degree programs and a total of 20 graduate programs.
Students benefit from a greatly enhanced academic experience due to Trent's ability to consistently deliver a meaningful, high-quality liberal undergraduate education in the humanities, social sciences and natural sciences in an environment that places a strong emphasis on interaction between students and professors.
Trent University offers eligible employees a comprehensive employee pension and benefit package, a commitment to ongoing learning and development, and an exceptional work environment.