Position: Manager, Residence Life & Education
Deadline: October 20, 2017
Posted: October 11, 2017
Job Description / Duties
Reporting to the Director, Housing, the Manager, Residence Life & Education is responsible for the development and delivery of the residence life and education program in all College Residences. Using a developmental and student centred approach the Manager leads the residence life and education team in developing residential communities that are safe and provide support for students to learn, develop, and grow. The incumbent is part of an on call rotation with the Director, Housing. A detailed position description is available through Human Resources (http://www.trentu.ca/humanresources/documents/ManagerResidenceLifeandEducationOctober2017.pdf).
Qualifications / Required Skills
1. Honours university degree (4 year) required. Master’s degree preferred in a related area such as Higher Education or Student Affairs.
2. Certification in areas such as ASIST, Mental Health First Aid and/or Conflict Resolution an asset.
1. A minimum of two years full-time professional residence life and/or student life experience in a post-secondary environment is required.
2. Excellent verbal, written, and cross-cultural communication skills.
3. Demonstrated understanding of student development and learning theories.
4. Demonstrated innovating educational approaches to residence life and education.
5. Educational and restorative approaches to student conduct management and student support initiatives.
6. Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgement, creativity, initiative, and sound-decision making.
7. Experience in managing emergencies, including immediate responses to individual and community concerns.
8. Ability to train, motivate, and lead a team of full-time and student staff.
9. Ability to interact and work with a wide variety of individuals.
To Apply: Those interested in applying are asked to submit a cover letter, resume and application form (if applicable), by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Microsoft Word or Adobe PDF) no later than Friday, October 20, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. Please note your full name and the job title in the subject line of your email (i.e. First and Last Name – Job Title). Applications from external candidates will be considered only when accompanied by a completed Application Form.
Trent University is actively committed to creating a diverse and inclusive campus community and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Trent University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require an accessible version of a document/publication, please contact email@example.com.
While the University appreciates all applications, please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In the case of regular/recurring OPSEU positions, the University will consider internal OPSEU applicants first, in accordance with the OPSEU Collective Agreement.
Salary: $63,601 - $84,801
Jen Coulter, Director, Housing Services
Trent University was founded on a commitment to interactive learning that is personal, purposeful, and transformative. Recognized nationally for its leadership in teaching, research and student satisfaction, Trent attracts exceptional students, faculty and staff from across the country and around the world. Our Peterborough campus boasts award-winning architecture in a breathtaking natural setting, just 90 minutes from downtown Toronto. Our growing campus in Durham delivers a distinct mix of programming in the GTA.