Position: Graduate Advisor
Deadline: May 31, 2021
Job Description / Duties
Each GA will work in one of two Area Teams; Pitman Hall or DCC/ILC. Each Area Team has one Residence Life Facilitator and approximately 20 student staff.
Under the direction of the RLF, the GA will work on various projects, including but not limited to: community development and curriculum, student conduct management, leadership development, and supporting Residence Council initiatives for approximately 10 hours/week.
The GA must be available to work during annual hiring carousels (Late January-Early February).
The GA is required to live in residence and will be provided with a bachelor suite within residence.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Must be a graduate student at an accredited university during term of employment.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours, including weeknights and occasional weekends (i.e. Residence Council events; staff meetings.)
- Must have completed a minimum or 3 years of post-secondary studies; undergraduate degree preferred.
- Must be able to live within residence and will be required to adhere to the residence policies
- Previous leadership experience required; work in student housing an asset.
Good study habits, time management skills, organization, goal setting, problem solving and multitasking skills.
Good communication and interpersonal skills required
Ability to exercise independent judgement, take initiative and be creative.
A satisfactory criminal reference check.
Must vacate room during Winter Break (December 19, 2021 at noon - January 9, 2022 at noon) as per Residence Contract.
Please apply by Monday, May 31st at 11:59pm
Full job posting and instruction on how to apply can be found here: https://www.ryerson.ca/housing/hiring/live-in-positions/
Alicia Whitfield, Residence Life Facilitator
Ryerson University houses over 1100 residents in 3 residence buildings. Living in residence has many advantages, including the chance to meet friends and develop a community with people from across Canada and around the world. The growth and development of the residence community is facilitated by upper-year students on the Residence Life Team; including Residence Advisors, Academic Links, and Community Leaders.