Position: Finance & Administrative Assistant
Deadline: April 25, 2022
Job Description / Duties
Under the supervision of the Finance & Business Officer, you will support the financial and administrative needs of Student Housing & Residence Life. On the financial side this includes supporting the day-to-day financial transactions, expenses, payroll, etc. On the administrative side you will provide support for applications, student accounts, move-in/out, etc.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Advanced College Diploma (3 years) or acceptable combination of equivalent experience.
- Minimum three (3) years' related financial administrative experience, including experience working with SAP systems (i.e. FIS, HRIS)
- Experience working with SAP financial systems (i.e. FIS) and advanced proficiency working with Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience posting and processing financial transactions related to accounts payable and receivables, reconciling accounts, processing expense reimbursements, verifying financial information with supporting documentation
- Superior customer service skills with demonstrated tact and positive disposition for problem-solving and discretion in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Must be a team-player with excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of applying financial guidelines
-Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational and time management skills
-Must be able to show evidence of a commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, and the promotion of a respectful and collegial learning and working environment
To learn more about the position, please visit: https://jobs.utoronto.ca/job/Toronto-ON/557971317/
The Department of Student Housing and Residence Life at the University of Toronto Scarborough is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment that is conducive to students’ personal and academic success. Our department is responsible for planning and directing all aspects of UTSC’s student residences in order to provide accommodations and a community that promotes the development of our students. We work collaboratively with student service professionals across the campus in order to provide a wide range of activities, services and supports to enhance the quality of student experience.