Position: Administrative Coordinator, Office of Residence Engagement & Programs (OREP)
Deadline: March 3, 2019
Posted: February 15, 2019
Job Description / Duties
Housing and Ancillary Services mission is to provide the best student experience through the development of thriving Residence communities, which engage our diverse student population in purposeful campus and community experiences, that lead to personal, civic and leadership development
The Administrative Coordinator, Office of Residence Engagement & Programs (OREP) is a key member of the residence life team and reports directly to the Associate Director, Residence Engagement and will provide a variety of process, project, administrative and logistical support to the Associate Director and OREP team. This role supports the management of all administrative, financial and logistical functions supporting the residence life program. The role may participate on working committees and manages programs and/or projects ensuring Housing leaders have the required information, documentation, and resources to optimally manage the residence system and the OREP office.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration or Management & Organizational Studies
- Master's Degree in a related discipline such as Business Administration, Human Resources or Accounting preferred
- Canadian Institute of Management (CIM) designation preferred
- 5 years' progressive administrative management experience
- 2 years' financial management experience
- 2 years' event and /or project management experience
- 5 years' progressive administrative management experience supporting a senior leader preferred
- Experience in an academic setting or public sector organization preferred
- Understanding of residence life preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence dealing with all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated knowledge in office management and event design principles and practices
- Knowledge of and ability to manage social media platforms while utilizing most effective communication strategies for demographics and student populations
- Experience in collection and analysis of data along with solid report writing skills
- Ability to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with clients, peers and external stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve department goals
- Advanced computer skills including spreadsheet design, creative presentation design, work processing and database management
- Exceptional organizational skills, including managing competing priorities and an ability to adapt quickly to emerging priorities
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to process information with a high level of accuracy
- Strong proofreading abilities with an excellent command of the English language
- Solid financial understanding, working knowledge of accounting principles, and skills in tracking expenses and creating budgets
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects from conception to completion within tightly prescribed timelines
- Possesses a reputation for resourcefulness with a strong sense of accountability and initiative
- Proven ability and natural inclination to interact with people in a professional, respectful and diplomatic manner
- Ability to professionally handle challenging inquiries while demonstrating confidence and good judgment
- Advanced problem solving skills and critical thinking to resolve complex issues
- Collaborative leadership style and approach
- Well-developed facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to follow a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Confidence and assertiveness to ensure procedural guidelines, financial / expense protocols, and related deadlines are met by members of the residence life management team
Interested applicants are asked to visit: https://recruit.uwo.ca to apply online to job reference 15337 by midnight on March 3rd, 2019.
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.