Position: Administrative Residence Coordinator
Deadline: April 18, 2022
Job Description / Duties
Organization and Administration
• Front Line duties: Resident and applicant inquires, in person walk-in inquires, by phone, by email.
• Customer Service: verbal, written and electronic.
• Notifications: verbal, written and electronic.
• Perform admission functions: leasing process (registration, process payments, room
assignments and changes as well as all related correspondence)
• Prepare and maintain accurate rent roll, move- in & move- out reports
• Prepare resident notices and coordinate delivery including rent receipts
• Invoicing and collection of delinquent accounts and charge backs
• Perform financial transactions and end of day POS functions
• Prepare and deliver bank deposits
• Coordinate the turnaround time of the residence(s) during appropriate times (e.g., move-in, move-
out, winter break, etc.)
• Oversee admissions process and occupancy management of assigned residence(s).
• Manage all aspects relating to the Residence Life Office. This includes, but is not limited to:
supplies, cleanliness, and access
• Monitor RA activities and event spending and manage RA budget
• Set goals, objectives and priorities, establish deadlines and adhere to company deadlines
Building(s) Departmental Responsibilities
• Ensure work orders are created for any repairs or deficiencies reported to you
• Ensure staff are completing building rounds and keeping suite and fire inspection logs up to date
• Maintain the property social media account(s)
• Liaise and support institutional recruitment efforts with a focus on promoting off campus
• Connect with contacts within the local community who support student development, such as
various college departments (GCSA, International, Housing), local businesses, emergency
services, and regional health services
• Maintain regular communication with the ResLife Team (Manager, Finance, RAs, CA, Facilities &
Crisis and Incident Management
• Serve as part of the departmental rotation of on-call staff
• Be familiar with and follow the Georgian Green policies and procedures
• Perform mediations and interventions as needed
• Coordinate with outside agencies in response to crises
• Serve as a conduct administrator for the residence(s). This includes, but is not limited to,
management of the incident report database, investigating incidents, and following up with student concerns
Student and Staff Supervision and Development
• Oversight of 6 temporary Junior Superintendents herein referred to as Resident Assistant student staff.
• Assist with recruiting, selecting, hiring, training, coaching, evaluating and rewarding of employees
• Assigning and monitoring daily tasks and activities.
• Approving work scheduling and time away.
• Monitoring equipment and supplies usage.
• Maintain visibility and presence within the assigned residence community
• Develop an engaged and inclusive residence community by developing and implementing a
Community Development Model, leading a Residence Orientation, and implementing social and
• Assist with Recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating, and mentoring a team of Resident Assistants
and/or Community Advisors
• Liaise, collaborate, and partner with institutional partners to support the needs of students
• Create and deliver training sessions for the Residence Life Staff. These trainings include, but are
not limited to:
❖ Community Building
❖ Leadership and Teamwork
❖ Ethics and Role Modeling
❖ Diversity, Social Justice and Inclusion ❖ Mental and Emotional Health
❖ Academic and Personal Development ❖ Programming
❖ Communication Strategies
❖ Safety and Crisis Management
• Demonstrate an ability to manage a complex set of competing priorities
• Demonstrate an interest in students who come from a diverse range of backgrounds, and have
an ability to relate well to their needs and concerns
• Develop and maintain internal and external relationships. This includes but is not limited to, institutional committees/offices, Georgian College affiliates, Simcoe County partners, OACUHO, ACUHO-I, CACUSS, etc.
• Other duties as assigned Non-Recurring Duties
• Attendance at legal proceeding as required
• Acting as agent for the manager as required
• Miscellaneous job tasks as required.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Strong leadership skills and ability to work well on diverse teams.
• Conflict resolution skills, and the ability to problem solve and make difficult and informed
• Ability to develop and deliver related and relevant training programs. ASIST, First Aid/CPR,
and/or Narcan/Naloxone training preferred (will be provided if not already obtained).
• Training and certifications such as ASIST, Mental Health First Aid, Non-crisis intervention,
student conduct administration training, would be an asset.
• Highly developed computer literacy programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
• Proven ability of strong records management and contract administration knowledge to maintain
organized information systems and records for projects and/or occupancy.
• Excellent written skills with an emphasis on spelling and grammar
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively manage
deadlines and priorities
• Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external representatives to provide residence services at the level required by the organization
Education: Recognized College Diploma or University Degree.
Experience Required: Minimum of 1 - 3 years experience in Residence Life, Social Services, or Customer Service related experience. Minimum 2 years admissions or office administrative experience.
*Please note this role requires a valid driver's license and vehicle.
Must possess administrative office experience with the ability to multi-task with a demanding workload and to work creatively and independently employing good organizational skills.
• Due to the nature of the community, sensitivity to gender, culture and diversity as key social issues within the residence community is essential in developing a positive learning environment, programs and workshops for the residents.
• The duties of this position require that the incumbent live in the Residence with the understanding that the lifestyle of the residence community requires the incumbent to be flexible, with the need to work frequent irregular hours including weekend, evenings, overnights and summer months. An on-call rotation schedule will be established to ensure resources are available after hours to respond to the needs of the residence community.
• Company events
• Health Care/Dental care/Wellness & Vision care after probation completion.
• Paid time off (vacation)
Following Provincial mandates as required i.e. mask wearing; social distancing; self-assessment entry; hand-washing stations; frequent deep cleaning; sanitization stations
Work remotely: No
Salary: $40,000 + apartment and benefits
The Georgian Green Student Residence has been housing students of Georgian College since 1989. The goal of the ResLife team at Georgian Green is to provide an intellectual and social residence community conducive to the pursuit of academic studies, personal development, and that meets the changing needs of a diverse student population. Reslife supports student success by encouraging growth, educating character, and enhancing the college experience