Position: Residence Training Coordinator
Deadline: February 26, 2021
Job Description / Duties
The Residence Training Coordinator will develop and coordinate all training, learning and professional development for the Department of Housing. Teams include Residence Life, the Office of Residence Education & Programs, Client Services and Residence Admissions (145 Residence Staff, 300 residents’ council members and residence sophs and the full-time professional staff) who are part of the Residence Life Management team. The incumbent will assist with the needs assessment, development, delivery, supervision, and evaluation of training programs delivered throughout the department of Housing. The Residence Training Coordinator will develop learning outcomes and assessment plans for all learning and training initiatives and will also lead the Hiring Committee in selecting Residence Staff.
Please apply to position reference #21456 – Residence Training Coordinator directly online at Working at Western on or before Friday, February 26, 2021.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Undergrad Degree in a related discipline
- Masters degree in Adult Education, Organizational Behaviour, Leadership or a related field with exposure to learning styles, adult learning principles and learning outcomes is preferred
- 5 years’ experience including management level experience in training or organizational
- Demonstrated expertise in developing client needs analysis, designing curriculum, facilitating
learning and coaching and delivering learning and development seminars
- 3-5 years experience working in a large, complex organization; University residence environment
- Experience in using interactive / multi-media technologies
Salary: PMA Salary Grade 15
Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The unit’s mission is to provide the best student experience through the development of thriving Residence communities, which engage our diverse student population in purposeful campus and community experiences, that lead to personal, civic and leadership development.