Position: Residence Life Coordinator (Leadership & Engagement)
Deadline: May 15, 2022
Job Description / Duties
Residence Life Coordinator – Leadership & Engagement
Mount Allison University in Sackville, NB
Mount Allison has been ranked Canada’s #1 undergraduate university by Maclean’s magazine more times than any other university. But that is not the only thing that sets us apart. We are committed to offering an “Extraordinary Student Experience”, and our Residence Life Coordinators (RLCs) help support that vision.
The RLC helps to foster an intentional culture of learning outside the classroom by working with residents and student leaders to build strong, inclusive communities.
A complete description of the position may be found at: https://mta.ca/employment-opportunities-non-academic.
Summary of Duties
• Working with students to promote respect for others, and regard for the values of community living, and pride in their residence.Developing and leading programming initiatives that support the ongoing process of community-building in residence.
• Fostering and furthering opportunities for positive student engagement and leadership in residence.
• Working directly with student leaders to plan and support safe, inclusive residence activities that contribute to a positive, respectful residence experience.
• Promoting and applying community standards for residence living through education and use of the Residence Life Code of Conduct.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Completed bachelor’s degree plus two (2) years of experience in Residence Life at the student leader and/or professional level.
• Conflict resolution skills and familiarity with restorative justice and counselling principles.
• Excellent interpersonal, and oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure, exercise initiative and sound judgment are required.
• Ability to create an environment that fosters inclusion and a respect for diversity.
To view a complete position description and full list of required qualifications visit our website at https://mta.ca/employment-opportunities-non-academic.
The RLC is a full-time, live-in staff member. Some evening and weekend availability will be required, on a scheduled basis. This position falls within the MASA Collective Bargaining Unit (Level 9). For more information about the MASA pay scale, please e-mail: email@example.com . The successful candidate will also be provided an on-campus apartment, and optional mean plan (taxable benefits).
How to Apply
If you are interested in the challenges and opportunities that this position has to offer, please forward resumes with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority will be given to applications received by 11:59 pm on Sunday, May 15th.
Human Resources Department
Mount Allison University
65 York St., Sackville, NB E4L 1E4
Fax: (506) 364-2385
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Mount Allison is committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from members of racialized communities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual and gender identities. We seek candidates with qualifications and knowledge to contribute specifically to the further diversification of our campus community.
Mount Allison acknowledges, honours, and respects that the land named Sackville, NB is part of the unceded territory of the Mi’kmaq People who are the historic inhabitants, custodians, and dwellers on the land where our University is built and confirms its commitment to strengthening relationships with all Indigenous people.