Position: Administrative Residence Coordinator
Deadline: April 11, 2022
Job Description / Duties
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
• Customer Service: Strive to always provide clear and accurate information, verbal, written and electronic.
• Notifications and Instructions: verbal, written and electronic.
• Social Media: establish and maintain a professional presence of online identity.
• Strive for excellence and always promote Georgian Green Student Residence in a positive manner.
Supervision of RA Staff, Events and Activities – Budgets and Planning
• In conjunction with the Residence Manager - 6 temporary Resident Advisor student staff.
• Recruiting, selecting, hiring, training, coaching, evaluating, and rewarding of employees.
• Assigning and monitoring daily tasks and activities.
• Approving work scheduling, shift changes and time away.
• Monitoring RA equipment, inventory and supplies usage.
• Manage all aspects relating to the Residence Life Offices. This includes, but is not limited to, supplies, cleanliness, and access.
• Monitor RA activities and event spending and manage budget.
• Trade Shows: attending and staffing on campus recruitment events
• Setting goals, objectives and priorities and establishing deadlines.
• Coordinating and facilitating of recreational and resident activities with RA staff.
• Developing and implementing RA staff training
• Resident Advisor Staff: prepare for and run weekly meetings (agenda preparations & recording of minutes).
• Conduct monthly one on one meetings with RA staff
• Using reports and spreadsheets, track monthly expenses and utilities
• Run monthly reports for Manager and Owner as directed.
• Coordinate and review all budgets pertaining to RA events and activities. Obtain final budget approval from Manager.
Organization and Administration
• Perform admission functions: leasing process (registration, process payments, room assignments and changes as well as all related correspondence.
• Prepare and maintain rent roll - move- in & move- out reports, updates and room assignments
• Prepare resident notices and coordinate delivery including rent receipts
• Promotional material updating: online and print.
• Display suite: set up & tear down of decorating and weekend staffing (May - August).
• Overseeing e-mail enquiries and in person tours.
• Perform financial transactions and end of day POS functions, prepare and deliver bank deposits
• Oversee admissions process and occupancy management of assigned residence(s).
• Invoicing and collection of resident damage charge backs and delinquent accounts
• Establishing a professional level of service excellence.
• Providing a resident friendly and inviting environment.
• Maintaining working relationships with outside businesses, competitors and other organizations.
• Creating a positive reputation and image for the property.
• Assist in the development and updating or standard operating policies and procedures.
• Maintaining accurate record keeping.
• Authorizing RA expenditures and purchases.
• Residents: general enquiries, early termination requests, room transfers, deficiency repairs.
• Georgian College: recruitment event planning, sponsorship opportunities, awards & scholarship planning.
Contact with Trades, Contractors, and Service Providers
• Communicate with Trades & Contractors: in person or by telephone.
• Manage log and track the return of all keys given to contractors for building access
• Maintain records pertaining to facilities management and property maintenance.
• Reviewing invoices and approving payments in the Manager’s absence as required.
• Initiating and tracking building, suite and bedroom maintenance and repairs.
• Mobilizing emergency cleanup & repairs as needed.
• Maintain the property social media account(s).
• Liaise and support institutional recruitment efforts with a focus on promoting off campus residence living.
• Connect with contacts within the local community who support student development, such as various college departments (GCSA, International, Housing), local businesses, emergency services, and regional health services.
• Maintain regular communication with the ResLife Team (Manager, Finance, RAs, CA, Facilities & Contractors).
Crisis and Incident Management
• Serve as part of the departmental rotation of on-call staff.
• Be familiar with and follow the Georgian Green policies and procedures.
• Perform mediations and interventions as needed.
• Coordinate with outside agencies in response to crises.
• Serve as a conduct administrator for the assigned residence(s). This includes, but is not limited to, management of the incident report database, investigating incidents, and following up with student concerns.
Student and Staff Development
• Maintain visibility and presence within the assigned residence community.
• Develop an engaged and inclusive residence community by developing and implementing a Community Development Model, leading a Residence Orientation, and implementing social and educational programming.
• Assist with Recruiting, hiring, training, evaluating, and mentoring a team of Resident Advisors and/or Community Advisors.
• Liaise, collaborate, and partner with institutional partners to support the needs of students.
• Create and deliver training sessions for the Residence Life Staff. These trainings include, but are not limited to:
Leadership and Teamwork
Ethics and Role Modeling
Diversity, Social Justice and Inclusion
Mental and Emotional Health
Academic and Personal Development
Safety and Crisis Management
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Well-developed, strong interpersonal skills (effective communication, active listening skills, etc.).
• Flexible and creative thinking, and ability to adapt approach based on scenario that could change in the moment.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to work well on diverse teams.
• Conflict resolution skills, and the ability to problem solve and make difficult and informed decisions.
• Ability to develop and deliver related and relevant training programs. ASIST, First Aid/CPR, and/or Narcan/Naloxone training preferred (will be provided if not already obtained).
• Training and certifications such as ASIST, Mental Health First Aid, Non-crisis intervention, student conduct administration training, would be an asset.
• Supervisory-related experience and experience developing programs and activities is an asset.
• Highly developed computer literacy programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
• Proven ability of strong records management and contract administration knowledge to maintain organized information systems and records for projects and/or occupancy.
• Excellent written skills with an emphasis on spelling and grammar
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to effectively manage deadlines and priorities
• Exemplary customer service and interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external representatives to provide residence services at the level required by the organization
• Be comfortable working at times in an unpredictable and stressful environment both independently and as part of a team of diverse individuals
• Ability to exercise professional judgment in a highly confidential environment
• Demonstrate an ability to manage a complex set of competing priorities.
• Other duties as assigned by the Manager or Owner.
• Demonstrate an interest in students who come from a diverse range of backgrounds, and have an ability to relate well to their needs and concerns.
• Develop and maintain internal and external relationships. This includes but is not limited to, institutional committees/offices, Georgian College affiliates, Simcoe County partners, OACUHO, ACUHO-I, CACUSS, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Company events
• Parking Spot
• 1 Bedroom apartment – taxable benefit
• Health Care/Dental care/Wellness & Vision care after probation completion.
• Paid time off (2 weeks vacation)
Mask wearing enforced; social distancing; self-assessment entry; handwashing stations; frequent deep cleaning; sanitization stations
The Georgian Green Student Residence has been housing students of Georgian College since 1989. The goal of the ResLife team at Georgian Green is to provide an intellectual and social residence community conducive to the pursuit of academic studies, personal development, and that meets the changing needs of a diverse student population. Reslife supports student success by encouraging growth, educating character, and enhancing the college experience
GGSR welcomes individuals who have demonstrated commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will partner with us in expanding our EDI capacity. We encourage applications from equity-deserving groups, including Indigenous Peoples, Black-identified persons, other racialized persons, persons with disabilities and those who identify as women and/or LGBTQ2SIA+.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic Administrative Residence Coordinator. In this challenging position, you will report to the Residence Manager, and be responsible for the admissions process for our 257 bed residence as well as overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Resident Advisor staff and the engagement of our residents.
This position will work closely with the facilities team to ensure a safe and well-maintained and safe living environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for keeping the residence at full occupancy and will work with external providers to market and recruit students. Duties will include; all tasks related to the admissions and leasing process (registration, payment, room assignment/changes etc.. overseeing the activities of the Community Advisor (CA) and Residence Advisors (RA), assisting in hiring of new RAs and coordinating/facilitation of their orientation and training. Additional administrative responsibilities include, maintenance and input of information into the residence database system, tracking and maintaining room contents and residence supplies, managing rental availability and associated reporting, follow up on outstanding rental payments, maintenance requests along with resident chargebacks/invoicing and record keeping.
The position is required to live on campus and participate in a rotating on-call schedule. 44 hours per week that includes some weekend and evening work required.
Valid G Driver’s License and vehicle is an asset.