Position: Residence Life Coordinator
Deadline: December 14, 2018
Posted: November 30, 2018
Job Description / Duties
StFX is a top ranking Canadian university and we are seeking a Residence Life Coordinator. Our Residence Life Coordinators are involved in organizing activities and programs for over 1700 undergraduate students ranging in age from 17 to 22 years. With a demonstrated commitment and understanding of student development in a residential learning community, the RLC supervises and mentors multiple teams of student staff and fosters healthy and academically engaged community development. This opening is for a three year contract with a possibility of extension.
• Promoting a living and learning residence environment conducive to student’s academic success, personal growth, and social development.
• Supervising student staff (includes hiring, training, and evaluating).
• Addressing behavioural concerns and complaints/participating in the student conduct process.
• On-call duties for emergency response and student staff support.
• Participate in evening community rounds during on-call shifts to be available for staff/students and develop greater community cohesion.
• Works closely with other departments including, University Housing, Student Life, Facilities Management, Safety and Security, and Health and Counseling.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• A relevant Bachelor’s degree.
• A minimum of 2 years of residence living experience.
• Residence hall supervision and/or related experience.
• Experience with crisis response and emergency management
• Experience mentoring student leaders is an asset.
• Excellent communication and good judgement under pressure.
• Must be organized and efficient.
• Excellent multi-tasking skills.
• Enthusiasm and passion for student growth and development
The salary is $42,000 per annum and includes subsidization of a furnished residential suite and meal plan. Preference may be given to graduates of St. Francis Xavier University.
To express your interest in this role, please direct your application on or before 12:00pm Friday, December 14th, 2018 in confidence to:
St. Francis Xavier University
StFX offers a premier experience for its staff just as it does for its students. StFX Employees will have an opportunity to work in an open and challenging environment with other members of the dedicated faculty and staff. Employees will join the Xaverian community on the beautiful StFX campus and have the opportunity to contribute to everyday Xaverian life, and help foster inclusivity and sense of closeness that embodies the Xaverian community.