Position: Residence Life Coordinator
Deadline: July 11, 2022
Job Description / Duties
Position Summary and Job Magnitude
The Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) is a live-in position responsible for the overall quality of living, within their assigned student residence(s). The RLC is responsible for the implementation of academic & social programming, staff development, student development, community development, and building administration & management. The RLC also participates regularly in company-wide program and initiative development, as part of Campus Living Centre’s Residence Life department.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
Administration and Building Management
• Coordinate the opening and closing of the residence(s) during appropriate times (e.g., move-in, move-out, winter break, etc.).
• Oversee occupancy management of assigned residence(s).
• Manage all aspects relating to the Residence Life Office. This includes, but is not limited to, supplies, cleanliness, and access.
• Monitor departmental spending and manage budget.
• Maintain the property social media account(s).
• Liaise and support institutional recruitment efforts with a focus on promoting on-campus living.
• Connect with contacts within the local community who support student development, such as local businesses, emergency services, and regional health services.
• Maintain regular communication with the Property Support Residence Life Team (Director/Associate Director, Residence Life & The Student Experience).
Crisis and Incident Management
• Serve as part of the departmental rotation of on-call managers.
• Be familiar with and follow the Campus Living Centres policies and procedures.
• Perform mediations and interventions as needed.
• Coordinate with outside agencies in response to crises.
• Serve as a conduct administrator for the assigned residence(s). This includes, but is not limited to, management of the incident report database, investigating incidents, and following up with student concerns.
Student and Staff Development
• Maintain visibility and presence within the assigned residence community.
• Develop an engaged and inclusive residence community by implementing the Community Development Model, leading a Residence Orientation, and implementing social and educational programming.
• Recruit, hire, train, evaluate, and mentor a team of Resident Advisors and/or Community Advisors.
• Create and deliver training sessions for the Residence Life Staff. These trainings include, but are not limited to the Residence Life Staff Training Conference and property training.
• Liaise, collaborate, and partner with institutional partners to support the needs of students.
• Support and provide guidance to the Residence Council. This includes, but is not limited to, aiding in elections, facilitating the creation of programs/events, or soliciting feedback for residence improvements.
• Develop and maintain internal and external relationships. This includes but is not limited to, institutional committees/offices, Campus Living Centres properties/Property Support, OACUHO, ACUHO-I, CACUSS, etc.
• Other duties as assigned.
Health and Safety
• Require employees work in the manner and with the protective devices, measures and procedures required by the OHSA, regulations and Campus Living Centres (e.g. wearing safety shoes, confining hair, jewelry or loose clothing around moving parts, etc.).
• Ensure employees are advised of and trained on the existence of any potential or actual danger to their health or safety of which the supervisor is aware.
• Ensure every precaution reasonable in the circumstances is taken for the protection of an employee.
• Support a safe work environment that is free from any violence or harassment.
• Reinforce and demonstrates a positive “health and safety” attitude and working climate and holds information sessions with staff on health and safety issues.
• Develop an effective working relationship with JHSC members and supports their role.
• Perform informal workplace inspections daily and formal workplace inspections quarterly, including staff observations.
• Make every reasonable attempt to resolve any employee health and safety concerns.
• Conduct effective Incident Investigations and reviews all forms, ensuring these are discussed at management meetings.
• Correct any substandard or unsafe acts or any unsafe conditions and informing superiors of concerns
• Ensure that a maintenance program for any equipment and machinery in the workplace is carried out.
• Implement emergency plans when necessary and ensures that employees have been properly trained to comply.
• Regularly evaluate employee performance and providing periodic feedback with respect to health and safety.
Performance will be primarily measured on the following factors:
• Performance Objectives
• Inter-Personal Skills
• Business & Financial Acumen
• Self Development and Appraisal
• Health & Safety Responsibilities
Education: Recognized College Diploma or University Degree
Skills/Abilities: Must possess superior verbal and written communication skills;
Must possess above average customer service skills;
Must possess superior attitude towards learning;
Must be able to handle multiple projects at once; and
Must be able to provide strong leadership to staff.
Experience Required: Minimum of one (1) year industry or related experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is Campus Living Centres policy to promote equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. Campus Living Centres does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status or sexual orientation.
Campus Living Centres prohibits the harassment of any individual on any of the grounds listed above. This applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and promotion. If you require accommodation in order to successfully submit an application, please email us to make your accommodation request at email@example.com
USE THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY