Position: Community Life Coordinator
Deadline: July 31, 2020
Job Description / Duties
- Monitor entrance to the building for controlled access at the designated entrance of the residence (no guest policy enforcement, maintain a log of StFX personnel).
- Respond to safety issues to address violation of the General Protocols of the COVID-19 Response Plan Return to Campus - Students or the Community Code of Conduct.
- Coordinate with student staff and Safety and Security should they need to leave the station to respond in residence.
- Assist University Housing with arrival and move-in process, specifically with regards to support and tracking of students required to quarantine for 14 days.
- Issue bracelets to students who are eligible upon arrival and those who have completed the isolation period.
- Emergency response communication with Security and the RLC on-call.
- Evacuation response coordination with FM to facilitate re-entry and address any violations of evacuation order.
- Enforce and report violations of the General Protocols of the COVID-19 Response Plan Return to Campus - Students and the Community Code of Conduct.
- Screen residents returning at night for over-intoxication and assist if medical attention is required.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Comfortable with overnight hours
- Familiarity with university environment and working with students
- Residence Life or Security experience
- Experience with incident report writing
- Able to demonstrate good judgement in challenging situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication
The Community Life Coordinators (CLC) are part of the Student Life Department, supporting the Residence Life team in eight (8) of
the residence buildings to build a culture of personal responsibility for the well-being of the campus and Antigonish community
during this pandemic. Each residence will have two CLCs who are responsible for monitoring and enforcement of community health
and safety standards. The CLC will monitor access to the residence and be a resource assisting the student staff Community Advisors
and Hall Director to respond to incidents in the building. They will coordinate supports and keep a record of students who are in selfisolation, according to the University’s COVID-19 Response Plan: Return to Campus – Students. This is a 37-week contract, August
17th, 2020 to May 3rd, 2021, four shifts on, four shifts off, from 8pm to 6am. All CLCs will report to the Director, Student Life,
supervised on shift by the Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) on-call.