Presenting at the Residence Life Conference is an exciting way to share your knowledge, experience and expertise with other student staff performing similar tasks and functions as yourself. It can also be a great way to practice public speaking skills and step outside of your comfort zone!
The Residence Life Conference is driven by peer-to-peer learning experiences, and so we invite all those interested in presenting to submit a program proposal for consideration! Not sure what you could present on? You may want to consider:
- What are some of your strengths? What are you passionate about?
- What is unique about your institution? How could this information translate to others at other institutions?
- What is an area for growth or a topic of concern within Residence Life?
You may also want to reflect on the program themes for learning experiences, which include:
- Justice, equity, diversity and inclusion
- Community development and engagement
- Student support
- Personal and professional development
- Learning in residence
- Team Connection and Engagement
We encourage you to connect with your professional staff to chat about topics, how you could develop your presentation, and what it is you want other staff to learn from you.
Student staff interested in presenting can submit their program proposal using the program proposal submission form found here: https://www.surveymonkey.ca/r/RLC2023 All submissions must be received by 11:59PM on October 6, 2023.