Position: Manager, Housing & Ancillary Services
Deadline: May 20, 2022
Job Description / Duties
Responsible for effective administration and coordination of the unit’s business and
service operations including management of a team of full-time and part-time
• Responsible for ensuring safe and efficient operations of the Glendon Campus
Residence Buildings, including monitoring of service requests, oversight of operating
budgets, inspections, repairs, and staffing
• Conducts regular inspections of buildings to assess conditions and to ensure the
level of maintenance and cleanliness is maintained at acceptable standards.
• Acts as the primary point of contact between Housing and Glendon campus partners
such as Security Services, Facilities or Residence Life, collaborating to ensure safe
and effective delivery of services to residence students and hospitality clients
Works closely with York University central housing marketing team to develop and
implement short and long-term marketing strategies for the residences to ensure full
occupancy and maximize revenue while maintaining student satisfaction
• Oversees the communications for the Glendon Residence and ensures all modes of
communication and publication adhere to York Communications standards,
protocols and applicable legislation, as well as Glendon bilingual communication
• Ensures that the Glendon community is well informed and consulted on Hospitality
activities to maintain support and maximize the benefits to Glendon of hosting a wide
variety of guests. Liaises with Hospitality York to ensure that policies and procedures
are consistently formulated and applied
• Ensures appropriate planning and execution to maximize residence space utilization,
applicant processing and revenue. Responsible for the effective functioning of the
computerized housing management system including development of training and
standard operating procedures
• Responsible for the effective oversight of other ancillary services including
Bookstore, Mail, Parking Operations and Food Services at the Glendon campus,
ensuring a positive student / customer / community experience through alignment
with York University policies and procedures, technologies and service standards.
• Provides back-up support to the Housing & Conference Services management team
Qualifications / Required Skills
-3 years' recent related experience in business operations management, property management, hospitality with a strong focus on database administration and customer service preferably in a University student housing environment.
- Experience managing unionized staff is required.
- Experience in facilities management is an asset.
- Broad knowledge of records processing, financial analysis and procedures and statistical reporting techniques.
- Knowledge of computerized business applications specializing in records database, online applications and web-based services.
- Knowledge of Housing software platforms (i.e. StarRez) is an asset.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation to Hospitality / University residences.
Salary: Hiring Salary Range:$93,548 - $101,555 (FTE annual)
Ancillary Services provides a wide range of professionally managed campus services and amenities to enhance the student experience and support York University's mission, vision and priorities. With a commitment to sustainability, equity, diversity and inclusion, Ancillary Services works with internal and external partners to provide exceptional experiences and enhance the quality of campus life in alignment with the University's core values. The Manager, Housing and Ancillary Services reports to the Director, Housing & Conference Services and is responsible for the safe, efficient and effective management of the residence buildings at the bilingual Glendon Campus, ensuring that student residents and hospitality guests have their expectations met and that the buildings are maintained to the University's standards. Additionally, the Manager provides oversight to ancillary operations within Ancillary Services at the Glendon Campus including Student Housing, Hospitality, Parking, Food Services, Bookstore and Mail. The Manager ensures that the ancillaries provide high quality, responsive services aligned to and in compliance with University policies, systems, procedures and established service standards