Position: Associate Residence Life Coordinators (7 positions)
Deadline: July 19, 2021
Job Description / Duties
The ideal ARLC candidate will be a recent graduate, a senior student with a minimal course load, or graduate student who has experience in residence life as a student leader and an interest in pursuing a career in student affairs. The ARLCs will be an integral part of the residence experience as the front line of support for residents and Community
Advisors (student staff members). The residence life team fosters a respectful environment in which residents learn to appreciate their role in a community, develop their interpersonal skills, and grow from challenges.
- ARLCs will be assigned to one of seven residence buildings that house first year students.
- Shifts will be Wednesday to Saturday, 7pm to 3am in the building, 32 hours, per week, plus 5.5 hours of professional development and meetings
- ARLC will be the point of contact for the residence while on shift, with regular communication with the Residence Life Coordinator on call, Safety and Security, the student staff team in the residence, and ARLCs in other residences.
- On the job coach to the Community Advisors, modeling restorative practices to build and maintain community and calm sound judgement in urgent situations.
- Respond to emergency situations in the building related to health, facilities, and other crises, following protocols for campus and external services as needed.
- Submit accurate documentation of incidents and shift reports consistently.
- Participate in professional development and team meetings each week as scheduled.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Comfortable with overnight hours
- Familiarity with university environment and working with students
- Residence Life experience would be considered an asset
- Experience with incident report writing
- Able to demonstrate good judgement in challenging situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Closing date for applications is July 19th , 2021. To express your interest in this role, please send a cover letter and CV in confidence to:
Human Resources, St. Francis Xavier University
StFX Residence Life is adding a new position to the professional support team in residence. The Associate Residence Life Coordinator (ARLC) is an entry level professional role that will work directly in one of our on campus residence buildings to provide supervision and on call support to the residents and student staff team. The ARLC will be visible in the building, engaging with students while doing rounds, addressing issues as they arise, and responding to complaints and emergencies.