Position: Assistant Director of Housing and Student Life
Deadline: January 14, 2018
Posted: December 15, 2017
Job Description / Duties
Renison University College, affiliated with the University of Waterloo, invites applications for the full-time, ongoing position of Assistant Director of Housing and Student Life.
Respected as an inclusive community that values the diversity of its faculty, staff, and students, Renison is committed to engaged education for the well-being of the world, offering degree programs reflecting social engagement through the School of Social Work, and the Social Development Studies Department; global engagement through our Culture and Language Studies Department and Studies in Islam Program; and community engagement in our non-degree programs, including the English Language Institute, through the Centre for Continuing and Professional Education.
Objectives: Reporting to the Director, Non-Degree Programs and Student Affairs for the Housing and Student Life department of the College; the incumbent is primarily responsible to ensure a healthy, safe and supportive environment for all students based on mutual respect; to ensure resolution of student conduct issues; to develop and oversee Residential and College-life programs and activities for all resident and non-resident students of the College; and to oversee off-campus housing initiatives. Additionally, the incumbent will represent Renison in a manner consistent with the values, goals, and strategic directions of the University College.
Qualifications / Required Skills
• Master’s degree in student life/leadership or equivalent
• several years of proven experience, preferably in management of a post-secondary residence and student advising
• demonstrated budgetary and financial understanding and skills
• highly developed interpersonal and negotiation skills, ability to exercise diplomacy
• excellent oral and written communication skills
• demonstrated management and leadership skills; ability to direct, manage and motivate teams and individuals
• outstanding attention to detail and exceptional organizational and project management skills
• ability to use forward thinking and judgment skills
• strong computing skills using Microsoft Office Suite and web-based applications
• ability to deal with diverse issues in a dynamic and changing student environment
Renison University College is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, ethnic origin, religion, age, colour, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability or disability, including women, Indigenous people, and other visible minorities. Renison is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates participating in all parts of the selection process. Please contact a member of Renison’s Human Resources department with accommodation requests.
Deadline for applications: January 14, 2018 (11:59pm EST)
Application materials should be submitted online as PDF files through Interfolio at: https://apply.interfolio.com/47942. At minimum, a resume and three references should be provided. Please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
A full job description is available upon request by contacting Tegan Preston at email@example.com.