Position: Residence Life Coordinator
Deadline: July 16, 2021
Job Description / Duties
- Promoting a living and learning residence environment conducive to student’s academic success, personal growth, and social development.
- Supervising student staff (includes hiring, training, and evaluating).
- Addressing behavioural concerns and complaints/participating in the student conduct process.
- On-call duties for emergency response and student staff support.
- Participate in evening community rounds during on-call shifts to be available for staff/students and develop greater community cohesion.
- Works closely with other departments including, University Housing, Student Life, Facilities Management, Safety and Security, and Health and Counseling.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree.
- A minimum of 2 years of residence living experience.
- Residence hall supervision and/or related experience.
- Experience with crisis response and emergency management
- Experience mentoring student leaders is an asset.
- Excellent communication and good judgement under pressure.
- Must be organized and efficient.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills.
- Enthusiasm and passion for student growth and development
The salary is $44,051 per annum and includes subsidization of a furnished residential suite and meal plan. The successful
candidate will be required to live on campus, and must be able to work flexible hours in office, on-call and in residence communities.
Preference may be given to graduates of St. Francis Xavier University.
To express your interest in this role, please direct your application on or before 12:00pm July 16, 2021 in confidence to:
St. Francis Xavier University
StFX is a top ranking Canadian university and we are seeking a Residence Life Coordinator. Our Residence Life Coordinators carry
out the institutional strategic mission to foster a campus culture of engagement, respect, inclusivity, service to others through
activities and programs for over 1700 undergraduate students ranging in in age from 17 to 22 years. With a demonstrated
commitment and understanding of student development in a residential learning community, the RLC supervises and mentors
multiple teams of student staff and fosters healthy and academically engaged community development. This opening is for a three
year contract with a possibility of extension.